TOP 10 FACTS YOU PROBABLY DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT OPI PRODUCTS
Fashio nails spa news - OPI Products or O·P·I is an American nail polish manufacture company that was found in 1981 and ever since, it has been a staple brand that you can see at almost every nail salons in the world, even at our Fashio Nail Spa in Pearland, Texas. That just showed the quality and how popular OPI products are to the world. Here are the top 10 facts about OPI Products that you probably didn’t know.
- When founded, OPI products was actually a company that produce artificial dental appliances, only until 1989 they changed their business model to nail lacquer and release their first nail lacquer collection. This is due to the fact the material to create dentures was the same as the material to produce nail lacquer at the time.
- OPI was the first nail polish company that advertised theirs products in fashion magazines as part of a whole new fashion looks. Models were wearing brand name clothing articles along with OPI’s 1989 launch collection of nail lacquers.
- Team OPI love to come up with funny or even sexy name for their products and usually having a meeting in secret to come up with these names and keep them in confidential until the day of announcement. Their most popular nail polish in the shade of red is named ‘I’m not really a waitress’.
- The simple but iconic design of their lacquer bottle is patented and was featured at United States Patent and Trademark Office in 2012.
- In average, OPI produce an impressive amount of 150 thousand bottles a day, and up to 55 million bottles of nail lacquer a year.
- OPI has partnered with several different companies of different professions to release nail lacquers in the shade of the partnered company most iconic products like the shade of red of the Coca-Cola can or the color of Dell’s laptop line.
- OPI has also partnered with Ace Hardware Corporation, an American hardware retailer, to create Clark + Kenshington line of paints, so you can decorate your house with your favourite shade of OPI nail lacquers.
- A lot of famous celebrities has their own line of OPI nail lacquers from the famous African-American tennis player Serena William to Pop Star Katy Perry and even International Diva Mariah Carey.
- OPI has also involved further into the media with their partnership with Hollywood to release a line of products and also have them featured in the movie Legally Blonde 2 in 2003. Again in 2011 with the release of The Muppets movie, with the name of each character incorporated into the name of each product.
- In 2003, OPI released a line of nail polishes for dog called Pawlish and was not well received due to the chemical in the nail polishes are actually harmful and even deadly to dogs.